Saturday, May 23, 2009

Inspiration Award

I've been so wrapped up in work the past couple of weeks, that I haven't had the energy when I got home to do much else, so the only crafting I've done was to make things that people asked for. I've been meaning to post this for over a week, so I wanted to start this long weekend off by posting a blog award that I received.

I received this Inspiration Award from Joy.


Here are the rules...
1) link back to the person who gave it to you
2) put the picture/award on your blog
3) you can nominate anyone and as many as you choose
4) leave a fact that no one knows about you
5) leave a comment on the blog that gave you this award

I was going to nominate a whole bunch of people, but I saw that Joy, beat me to the punch... but there are a few other people that weren't listed on Joy's that inspire me and who's blogs that I visit often as often as I can.

Chris of Mudmaven Designs
Deb of a Stamp and a Song
Fay of My Stamping Creations

Of course and there's Dawne (who Joy already nominated, but I just HAVE to nominate her again). Dawne is an inspriation to many... AND especially to me. In such a short time, Dawne has become an integral part of my life...and I'm so very lucky to be able to call her my BFF.

There is one other person who I'd like to nominate, but she doesn't have a blog. She's the one who actually got me started on all of this and I'm very thankful for that...CATHY. The day that I met her, was the day that my life changed. I know, sounds dramatic... but because of Cathy's enthusiasm about card making and other projects and her willingness to share with me her knowledge....she inspired me to dust off my stamps and start making things again and she introduced me to the blogging world and without this, I would never have met such wonderful people.

FACT: When I'm in a certain mood, I can spend HOURS sitting in one spot focussing on 1 thing that really shouldn't be such a big deal (and it's usually a task that might take someone 15 minutes to complete)...like folding all the recycled shopping bags...I actually enjoy this.

6 comments:

mudmaven said...

Nicky you are too sweet! Thank you very much. ~chris

Cathy Y. said...

Nicole....thank you very much for the inspiration award! It was so sweet what you wrote about me...I'm really touched! I'm so glad my hubby introduced us. I consider you a good friend even though we've only recently met too.
Hope to see you soon....

Denise said...

Congratulations on your award.

Kyoko said...

Hi Nicky! Congrats on your award! Isn't it nice to have such good friends to enjoy spending time with.

Joy said...

you totally deserve this award! I am so happy that you and Dawne are BFFs! there's Kyoko and Linda and me and Michelle! I love it! such a great group of girls here! can't wait to get together to craft with all of you! love the "fact"...love to learn something new! have a great hump day!

Fay said...

Hi Nicky!
Sorry I'm so late in the game, but wanted to say a big "mahalo" to you for the inspiration award!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones