Wednesday, July 08, 2009

May All Your Dreams Come True!

I made this card to give to my friend for her birthday. I wanted to give the hot air balloon the illusion of floating in the sky. So, I put it together as a tri-fold card. The front and middle panels were cut out with an oval nestability. The front panel was layered with acetate to make the window. The hot air balloon was suspended with thread and a small piece of acetate on the middle panel. The back panel a solid piece of cardstock.


The hot air balloon image is by Julie Fujii, formerly, Juju's Tiny Treasure, now, Create in Me. The cloud image is by Great Impressions. Instead of coloring in the balloon, I stamped the image on printed paper and cut it out. To try to add some depth to the card, I sponged clouds on all three panels.


I didn't have a sentiment that matched the hot air balloon, so I hand wrote the sentiment, "May all your dreams come true!".

9 comments:

Dawne said...

That card reminds of that movie "Up". It's a really cute card! I like how you wrote the sentiment. It's actually better to write it than stamping one. Your handwriting is really nice. The time I couldn't find the right stamp I should have asked you to write it. Next time I know what to do! LOL.

joni h said...

What a sweet card! Love the floating effect.

Joy said...

this is so sweet! I hope you can teach me how to make one of those! I can't imagine what it looks like opened! it must be so neat! I wanna try =) this is so neat! love how you stamped the clouds! great sentiment and writing! I don't do it because I just don't have the handwriting to do it! I use the computer instead lol! TFS!

Kyoko said...

Wow, scared of you sister! I LOVE THIS CARD! Tutorial please...

Waipahu CBDO dba Waipahu Community Coalition said...

Beautiful card- I like the airy feeling of the clouds. Terrific job! tutorial please :)

Teri said...

What a great card! Super cute, love those clouds. Glad to see you back in blogland :)

Jean said...

wow!! I like how you did the clouds, Nicky!! It really looks like they're floating along...

Jamee said...

your card is so adorable!!!

Jodi said...

I love this cute image!! You created a very cute card too! =)
Very sweet!
Hugs
Jodi =)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones