Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hang in There


I made this card for a friend. She needed a pick me up because she had had a rotten week. The pudgy kitty hanging onto the branch seemed to say "Hang In There"... so I really wanted to use that image. I had bought the Provocraft stamp a long time ago, but never used it. I think I helped to make her Monday a little more bearable. To color the kitty in, I wanted to make him seem soft and fluffy, so I used color pencils and gamsol to get a softer look (I'm horibble at coloring and shading). I used some scrap printed paper to give it a little more color. Again... a simple card, but made with a lot of love.

1 comment:

Fay said...

Hi Nicky!
Cathy told me about your new blog...congratulations!! Love the coloring on your cat. Thanks for always dropping by and visiting my blog. Keep up the great work!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones